04.01.2016
Commemoration for warriors at the Central Military Club

The National Defence Association was established in 1908 at the initiative of King Petar Karadjordjevic, and re-established on 3 January 1919, and, in addition to the Association of reserve officers and warriors of the Kingdom of Serbia and King Aleksandar Karadjordjevic (who supplied a third of total funds), with personal contributions of members, participated in financing of the construction of the then Warrior House, and today's Central Military Club.
The liturgy and the commemoration were held by chief chaplain Sladjan Vlajic, and members of the Association of Descendants of Serbian Warriors 1912-1920 also participated.
In this way, in addition to marking of the 100th anniversary of the Great War, as one of the pillars of national identity, not only is tradition restored, but also the essential need of prayerful remembrance of the ancestors killed in the liberation wars.